Zarco set for MotoGP return at Aragon pending medical clearance
· CNA · JoinRead a summary of this article on FAST.
Get bite-sized news via a new
cards interface. Give it a try.
Click here to return to FAST Tap here to return to FAST
FAST
Aug 20 : LCR Honda rider Johann Zarco is set to return to MotoGP at the Aragon Grand Prix on August 28-30, subject to passing a medical assessment at the circuit, the team said on Thursday.
The Frenchman has been sidelined since suffering knee ligament damage in a multi-rider crash at the Catalan Grand Prix in May and had originally been expected to return in September.
"Zarco's recovery has continued to improve in recent weeks, allowing him to bring forward his return to racing," LCR said in a statement.
Zarco was injured during a restart at the Catalan race when he collided with Ducati's Francesco Bagnaia and Honda's Luca Marini in a three-rider pile-up.
CNA Games
Guess Word
Crack the word, one row at a time
Buzzword
Create words using the given letters
Mini Sudoku
Tiny puzzle, mighty brain teaser
Mini Crossword
Small grid, big challenge
Word Search
Spot as many words as you can
Show More
Show Less
He tumbled through the gravel with his leg trapped under Bagnaia's bike and was later taken to hospital.
Zarco has missed six rounds since then in Italy, Hungary, the Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Germany and Britain.
Newsletter
Recommended Read
Subscribe to CNA's Recommended Read
A single handpicked story that we think you shouldn't miss. Just one a day.
Sign up for our newsletters
Get our pick of top stories and thought-provoking articles in your inbox
Get the CNA app
Stay updated with notifications for breaking news and our best stories
Get WhatsApp alerts
Join our channel for the top reads for the day on your preferred chat app