Bill Belichick Responds to Jordon Hudson's Alleged Plan to Sue Pablo Torre
· The Fresno BeeBill Belichick is one of the greatest football coaches of all time. No one has ever accused him of being a great quote.
The North Carolina Tar Heels head coach gave a signature answer during a press conference on Wednesday, November 26 to a question directed his way about girlfriend Jordon Hudson and her alleged plan to sue journalist Pablo Torre.
"I know you can't control what people write about you or say about you or talk about," a reporter told Belichick, 73.. "But right before the Duke game, there was a big story in the New York Post. And right before this game, there was a story with Jordon Hudson possibly filing a lawsuit against Pablo [Torre]. How much do those distractions seep down into the team, and how much time do they take from what you're trying to accomplish? Is there a way, in your mind, to try to eliminate some of that drama?
"Yeah, I'm just focused on the game," Belichick said. "That's what our team's focused on, so…"
While the answer may be boring, it's the right one for Belichick to give as he gets his team ready for a rivalry showdown with in-state rival NC State on Saturday, November 29.
Hudson, 24, has made plenty of headlines since Belichick took the North Carolina job last December. On Sunday, November 23, she posted via Instagram that she planned to sue Torre, 40.
In May, Torre reported that Hudson had been banned from UNC athletic facilities - something the university later denied. Hudson wore a necklace that said "banned" in her Instagram post.
"While Jordon Hudson is not an employee at the University or Carolina Athletics, she is welcome to the Carolina Football facilities," Carolina Athletics said in a statement to Us Weekly on May 9. "Jordon will continue to manage all activities related to Coach Belichick's personal brand outside of his responsibilities for Carolina Football and the University."
Though Hudson didn't give details at the time, she took to X the day after her Instagram post to point out what she called "one of MANY inaccurate and materially defamatory reports" that Torre had made.
She attached screenshots of alleged conversations she had with UNC Athletics Chief of Personnel Emily Muse that Hudson says disproves Torre's claim that she lied about her age on official UNC documents.
The conversation appears to show Muse asking Hudson when her birthday is, and Hudson replying "April 3" without giving a year. In another conversation, Hudson allegedly asks what birth date Muse has for her on file. When Muse replies April 3, 2001, she clarifies that initially she put down 2000 as a guess and later corrected it.
If the conversations went as Hudson presented them, this would appear to show Torre was wrong to allege Hudson purposely put down the wrong date.
But Torre fired back, adjusting the exposure on one of the screenshots, making it appear as if the conversation may have been doctored. A commenter in his replies pointed out the spacing on the other conversation was also uneven, meaning that could have also been falsified.
Hudson then quoted Torre's post with a video of her scrolling through the conversation, seemingly hoping to show how it appears, undoctored, on her phone.
Copyright 2025 Us Weekly. All rights reserved
This story was originally published November 28, 2025 at 1:10 PM.