Lower Hutt man died by gunshot, police reveal
· RNZA Lower Hutt man who died last month was shot, police revealed, as they look for anyone with information.
A homicide investigation has been under way since Nathaniel Sturmey was found unresponsive on Malone Road in Lower Hutt last month.
Police are urging those who know anything to do the right thing and speak up.
Several search warrants were executed in the area on Friday, Detective Inspector Jamie Woods said.
"We know there are people who have knowledge of this incident and of those involved, and Police are urging you to do the right thing and speak with us," Woods said.
The Police National Dive Squad was also searching an area in Eastbourne in relation to the investigation.
"Police have a large team of investigators working to identify all those involved in this tragic incident and to understand the full circumstances that led to Nathaniel's death, and we are making significant progress."
Information can be provided through 105, either online or over the phone. People can also provide information anonymously through Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
Sign up for Ngā Pitopito Kōrero, a daily newsletter curated by our editors and delivered straight to your inbox every weekday.