MC Mong Denies Military Service Evasion Allegations, Says “I Was Portrayed as Someone Who Pulled Teeth to Avoid Enlistment”

by · allkpop

MC Mong publicly denied long-standing allegations surrounding military service evasion and prostitution claims during a livestream, while also making explosive remarks targeting figures within the entertainment industry.

On May 18, MC Mong hosted a TikTok livestream through his social media account. Before the broadcast, he drew attention by mentioning the investigative direction of the TV program 'PD Notebook' and hinting at additional revelations involving certain individuals.

During the livestream, MC Mong first addressed the military service controversy that has followed him for years. Referring to the 2010 allegations of draft evasion, he said, “At the time, I only read statements written by my lawyer,” adding, “My biggest regret is that I was never able to properly say what I personally wanted to say.”

Regarding the so-called “Tooth Extraction Mong” controversy, which sparked heavy public criticism at the time, he claimed, “I was portrayed as someone who paid to have healthy teeth removed in order to avoid military service, but that is not true.”

He continued, “I also had other health-related reasons, including a herniated disc and cruciate ligament issues,” and added, “I had poor dental health since I was 16 years old, and I submitted related documents, but they disappeared.

In reality, MC Mong was indicted on charges related to violating the Military Service Act. However, South Korea’s Supreme Court ultimately acquitted him of allegations that he intentionally extracted teeth to evade military service. Some charges related to delaying enlistment through civil service examination applications were partially found guilty.

MC Mong also strongly denied prostitution allegations. Referring to elevator CCTV footage from his home that circulated online in the past, he claimed, “The footage had absolutely nothing to do with prostitution,” adding, “The people with me at the time were my girlfriend and acquaintances.”

He also mentioned conflicts involving One Hundred and Big Planet Made Entertainment, companies he helped establish. MC Mong alleged, “I had conflicts with Chairman Cha Ga Won’s side since last year and was later excluded from work,” claiming that some allegations against him stemmed from internal company disputes.

Later in the broadcast, he made additional claims regarding illegal gambling and nightlife culture within the entertainment industry. MC Mong said he had spent months investigating the reality of so-called “Baduk gambling,” while mentioning large gambling sums and visits to adult entertainment establishments.

During the process, he referenced Kim Min Jong by name and also made claims involving Baekhyun and Kim Ho Joong. However, these remain unilateral claims from MC Mong, and none have been officially verified at this time.

He also revealed details regarding idol groups and album production budgets he participated in producing. MC Mong discussed contract negotiations and production costs related to The Boyz, as well as investment amounts for Baekhyun’s solo album, while explaining the large-scale financial structure of the entertainment industry.

At one point during the livestream, MC Mong expressed self-deprecating frustration, saying, “In the end, I’m the piece of trash.”

Currently, One Hundred and its affiliated labels are facing disputes involving exclusive contracts and settlement issues with artists. Lee Seung Gi, Lee Mu Jin, VIVIZ, and ChenBaekXi have previously spoken out regarding contract-related matters, while some members of The Boyz have also reportedly begun legal action.

The livestream is expected to create significant fallout, as it went beyond a simple clarification and publicly exposed internal conflicts, financial structures, and management issues within the entertainment industry.

However, many of the individuals and allegations mentioned during the broadcast have not yet been verified, and the matter could potentially escalate into further legal disputes.

SEE ALSO: MC Mong announces emergency press live, promises to expose celebrities linked to illegal gambling

Share this article  SHARE

SHARE