Troops rescue 14 kidnapped victims in Katsina
by Nana Ismail · Daily PostTroops of Operation Fansan Yamma have rescued 14 people after confronting terrorists who were moving with kidnapped victims in Sabuwa Local Government Area of Katsina State.
The operation took place on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, around Madaci Forest after the troops received information about the terrorists’ movement.
The Media Information Officer for Operation Fansan Yamma, Lieutenant Colonel Aliyu Danja, said the troops quickly moved to the area and engaged the terrorists.
“The troops swiftly mobilised to the area and made contact with the terrorists, engaging them and compelling them to abandon their captives and flee into the surrounding bushes,” Danja said.
He said the troops later searched the area and rescued 14 victims, comprising six males and eight females.
According to him, initial findings showed that the victims had been kidnapped from different locations around Dandume, Bakori and Funtua in Katsina State.
The rescued victims were handed over to the relevant local authorities for further assistance and reunification with their families.
Danja said the rescue demonstrated the determination of the troops to protect residents and prevent terrorists from carrying out criminal activities in the area.
“The Theatre Command reassures the public that troops will continue to sustain pressure on terrorist elements and intensify operations to safeguard communities across the North-West,” he said.
He also urged residents to continue providing security agencies with useful and timely information that could assist ongoing military operations
You may like
Oluremi Tinubu flags off community food bank, commissions PMB estate, Gateway Medical Centre
Abiodun congratulates Adeleke, commends Tinubu for providing level playing field
Alleged drug trafficking: Tinubu joins US Justice Department’s request for 10-day delay in release of records
Itsekiris in Delta vow to resist alleged plot by Ondo govt to annex their communities
Kanu writes CJN, Court of Appeal president; demands urgent hearing of cases
FCT: Why I can’t work with Senator Kingibe – Wike
Sokoto govt orders intensified operations after fresh Lakurawa attack
NERC gives Kaduna DisCo interim board one year to turn around utility
Tinubu government has run out of ideas – ADC