'We'll axe tax on overtime' and 'Brolly hot, isn't it'

Reform UK leader Nigel Farage's pledge to scrap income tax on overtime is prominent across Sunday's papers. The Sunday Express says Farage's promise that people who earn less than £75,000 and worked a 40-hour week will not pay tax on extra hours worked is "the clearest sign yet" that he is ready to challenge Labour. Elsewhere, the UK has sweltered through its hottest day of the year so far, as the paper's top picture features a woman sheltering under an umbrella at the Queen's Joust competition.BBC
The Sunday Telegraph follows an editorial from Farage for the paper, writing that under the current system "people who put in the extra hours" at work see "no real reward at the end of the month". The Telegraph adds that the Reform leader's proposed £5bn a year tax cut will be seen as "a direct challenge" to Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham.
The Sunday Mirror features details from a new analysis that says Reform UK has received millions in donations from people or companies with offshore links. The paper says figures show that Harborne, who is based in Thailand, was the party's biggest donor. There is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Reform or the donors.
Staying with Farage, the Mail on Sunday reports that the Reform leader has claimed that Russian spies hacked his phone to obtain details about a £5m donation by a crypto billionaire. The paper cites sources saying Farage became "intensely suspicious" that he had been hacked by "foreign state actors" after last month's donation by Christopher Harborne was revealed. The Reform leader previously said the donation was given as a "reward for campaigning for Brexit" and on a "completely unconditional basis".
Police are investigating an allegation that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor behaved inappropriately towards a woman at Royal Ascot in 2002, the Sunday Times reports. The paper says detectives are understood to be pursuing the matter as part of a broader investigation into potential misconduct in public office. Thames Valley Police did not immediately respond to the BBC's request for comment. Mountbatten-Windsor has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing, and has denied any personal gain from his role as a UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011.
The Observer's front page previews its investigation into a conspiracy theory that the CIA sabotaged England's goalkeeper in the 1970 World Cup by giving him food poisoning and causing him to miss the game. "Political football" is the headline. The front page does not mention any response from the CIA to the allegations.
In more football news, Sir Keir Starmer has written to broadcaster TNT Sports asking them to drop their fees for the Champions League final between Arsenal and Paris Saint Germain and let fans watch the match for free.
The Daily Star shifts its focus to the World Cup as it reports that stadiums will get quiet rooms for supporters who don't like cheering. Fans "overwhelmed" by noise at matches will be able to escape to a sound-proof studio and watch "anything but the actual football".
Finally, the Sun splashes with a photo of Oasis singer Noel Gallagher and his new girlfriend on a date in London.

The Sunday Times claims police are investigating an allegation that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor "behaved inappropriately" towards a woman at Royal Ascot in 2002. It says he was at the event with Queen Elizabeth during her Golden Jubilee year. The paper adds that it is unclear whether the claim about the former prince's behaviour at Ascot was reported to the police at the time or more recently. Mountbatten-Windsor was contacted for comment.

Reform UK's pledge to scrap tax on overtime leads the Sunday Telegraph. The party's leader, Nigel Farage, tells the paper that people who work extra hours "see no real reward" - and he accuses Labour of being "on the side of welfare", rather than workers. The government says Farage is pretending to be on the side of working people - calling Reform's idea a "back of a fag packet plan".

Farage is also the focus of the Mail on Sunday, which says he believes his phone was hacked by Moscow. The paper carries claims by a "Reform source" that spies leaked details of a five million pound gift he received from the cryptocurrency billionaire Christopher Harbourne, which is now being investigated by Parliament's standards watchdog. Farage has said he was under no obligation to declare the money, as it was received before he became an MP.

The Sunday Mirror takes aim at donations made to Reform by individuals linked to tax havens - with its headline "Farage's Haven Us On". The paper claims that fifteen million pounds given to Reform last year - or eighty percent of the party's donations - came from those with 'interests abroad'. The Mirror says there is no suggestion of wrongdoing by Reform or any of the donors.

Away from politics, the Sunday Times reports that the disgraced newsreader, Huw Edwards, has held talks with Channel 4 to make a programme in which he can "state his case". Should it go ahead - the programme is reportedly expected to be broadcast in mid-September after Edwards's sentence for making indecent images of children concludes. Channel 4 has declined to comment on plans to work with him.

And, the Daily Star Sunday says stadiums hosting matches for this summer's men's football World Cup in the US, Canada and Mexico will feature quiet rooms for fans who get overwhelmed by noise. Fifa says the spaces are "designed for people who experience sensory overload". The Star chooses the headline: "Three lions on my SSSHHHhhirt."

Sign up for our morning newsletter and get BBC News in your inbox.