Rod Stewart at the 2026 New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival at Fair Grounds Race Course on April 26, 2026 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic)

Rod Stewart says “that’ll probably be it” after his next UK tour in 2027

The 81-year-old has been performing on his 'One Last Time' tour since 2024, including his Glastonbury legends' slot last year

by · NME

Rod Stewart has said “that’ll probably be it” on the road for him after he completes a UK tour in 2027.

The veteran rocker turned 81 in January and has been touring consistently for over 60 years, including during his years with the Faces and the Jeff Beck Group, and he has been performing on his ‘One Last Time’ farewell tour since 2024, including his turn at Glastonbury last summer.

He has over 20 dates remaining in the US this year, and in a new interview on TalkSport, he looked ahead to next year, hinting that he is considering calling it a day after one last UK run.

“Then I’m touring the UK next year, doing The O2, and that’ll probably be it, I think,” he said. “I’ll have to do something new, come on your show more often, maybe.”

He has not yet announced any dates for 2027.

In 2024, Stewart said he was done with “large-scale world tours”, saying his 2025 run of arena shows would be his last, although he did add at the time that he had “no desire to retire”.

Recommended

“I love what I do, and I do what I love,” he said at the time. “I’m fit, have a full head of hair, and can run 100 meters in 18 seconds at the jolly old age of 79.”

He also confessed that he thought his “days are numbered” as he neared his 80th birthday in 2025. “I’m aware my days are numbered but I’ve got no fear,” he said.

“We have all got to pass on at some point, so we are all in the same basket. I am going to be enjoying myself for these last few years as much as I can. I say few – probably another 15. I can do that easy mate, easy.”

Stewart memorably played the legends’ slot on Sunday afternoon on the Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury 2025, where he was joined by Ronnie WoodMick Hucknall and Lulu. NME was at the show and awarded it four stars, noting: “It may be the staggering heat or a stronger Sunday hangover this year, but the crowd aren’t quite as raucous as they often are for the legends slot, despite the many resplendent in copycat wigs and spandex. Still, the man’s voice is on point and he knows how to charm while giving you bang for your buck.”

After their reunion, Wood later said that progress on a long-promised new Faces album had stalled, as it was hard to make their “times tally”.